Saturday, March 9, 2013

Feeling Sassy

Hi Everyone,

Once again a long time between posts. It's been crazy busy at work as we are in the last few months of exhibition production, getting context and text ready. Out of 500 digital labels for the section of the exhibition I am working it, we have about two dozen left - myself having written over 200 of them, a fact I am immensely proud of.

I was having a really bad week this past week, with Wednesday taking the cake - our house was broken into. Thankfully only one thing was stolen however, it's perhaps the most precious to me...my laptop and mouse! I was so upset. Although I did back up some things, a lot of the things I thought  I backed up, didn't actually work so I lost ALL of my digital stamps, all of my private pictures and all of my family history data that I worked over ten years to put together. Thankfully, most of the family history things are online or on my ancient  old laptop that I currently have to use until our insurance can replace my stolen one. It's a very unnerving thought that someone broke into your house, which I often consider my sanctuary. I'm sure anyone who has ever experienced a home violation feels just that way...violated.

Anyway, thankfully I posted this image on facebook prior to my laptop being stolen and my deleting the original picture from my phone. I made this for my husband for our three year wedding anniversary. He is a massive geek (<3 one of the things I love about him!) and a big Star Wars fan, so I thought he would get a kick out of it:


Here are the details:

The image of Sassy Leia is from Sassy Studio Designs (you can purchase her here). She is coloured with Distress Inks. Have to say, I'm really pleased with the way she turned out.

The diecut is from Cheery Lynn designs, known as 'Sophia's Heart'. This was the first time I've ever used one of these dies, and whilst they are a lot of work the effect is totally worthwhile. They are a bit pricey in Australia though, with the only reason for me buying this die, was that my scrapbooking store was closing down and going through a change of management, so they had 70% off everything (suffice it to say I spent A LOT of money that day!). You can find these dies here.

I was being quite thrifty in that I recycled some card stock for this card...the red paper used for matting and the doily diecut is actually from an old periodical the library at work was deaccessioning, with the red card stock separating each issue. I also used the little hearts which were a negative from the diecut.

I will be entering this card into the following challenge (my first in a while):


Thanks everyone. Have a great weekend (a long one for us in Melbourne!)

~ Louise


6 comments:

  1. This is great, your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing this week at Sassy Studio Designs.
    Karal SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Great coloring, especially the hair. The doily is awesome and your sentiment is too funny, my dh would love this card! Thanks for playing along with us at SSD. Just thought I'd mention, there is a DT call going on right now as well at Sassy Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Congratulations on your win. Your coloring is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the break in! I know how distressing that can be. Your card is beautiful! I'm sure your hubby loved it, and the sentiment is *fabulous*! Thank you for playing along with Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One quick question...where on earth did you get that fabulous sentiment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Star, I actually made it! I would send you the file however it was on my stolen laptop. I can tell you that I used 'Dear Joe' and 'Star Jedi' font, both available for free at Font Space: http://www.fontspace.com/boba-fonts/star-jedi

      Delete