Thursday, March 28, 2013

Loverley

Hi everyone,

Work has been crazy busy but we have finally managed to get all of the labels drafted, totaling 490 at last count. I wrote over half of them, a fact I am immensely proud of. Now it's on to image selections and cultural permissions...and looking for another job since my contract is up soon.

I had entered three challenges with my previous card, and I was lucky enough to win the Sassy Studio Designs Challenge! So exciting! I love the range of their images, so much that I decided to share another card that I made for my sister's birthday. It's an hommage to the effable Ms. Audrey Hepburn whose epic performance as Eliza Dolittle in 'My Fair Lady' is a favourite for us both.
(I apologise in advance for the quality of the image. The better photos were on my stolen laptop :( )


The image is Sassy Eliza (I think that's the right name) from Sassy Studio Designs. She is coloured in Distress Inks. The card stock is flocked from Cristina Re, with pieces of 1cm double satin black ribbon, and some beautiful black lace in between. The sentiment is my own, referencing the scene where Audrey wears this amazing costume at Ascot, yelling for her horse Rover to "move your bloomin' ar$e!"

I'm entering this in the Dare to Be Sassy Thursday #170 Challenge - funny or witty sentiments.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter for all those who celebrate it.

<3 Louise

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...thanks for joining SSD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise, beautiful card. The black and white theme and flocked card stock look so elegant.

      Delete
  2. Your card is beautiful, I love the look. Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Studio Designs.
    Karal SSD DT
    You really should turn off your Comment verification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, this is gorgeous! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us for Sassy Studio Designs DTBST this week and good luck!

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete