Friday, October 4, 2013

A few photos...

Hi everyone,

Well almost 26 weeks pregnant and I haven't had much time or energy for crafting. My pregnant brain is often scattered at the moment, and often when I sit down to do something, I often completely forget what it was!

So please find below a few photos of the scarce times that I have felt inspired to craft in the last few months!

Above: Father's Day card for my Dad who is an airplane enthusiast (aka nut!). The planes are paper pierced from a 3D kit I brought sometime ago at a craft expo at the Royal Exhibition Building. I really like these, as while some of the smaller features are quite fiddley, the are really good when you need to get a quick card done.


Above: I made this little 'briefcase' and matching card for my cousin's confirmation. I'd been hoarding the paper for about four years and decided to just use it and was really happy with the end result. These briefcases are really easy to make. I got the instructions and measurements from SplitCoast Stampers.

Above: My cousin and his fiance recently got married in Las Vegas but had a committment ceremony here in Australia first. I made them this suitcase and passport card, complete with their photo inside.


Above: An altered canvas (20cm x 20cm square) for my baby's nursery. The Tigger was cut at 8 inches using the Winnie the Pooh font Cricut cartridge, and the letters actually are covered with Glossy Accents though it doesn't show in the picture.
Above: Card I made for my Sister-In-Law's birthday in April, featuring Mo Manning rubber stamp.

Above: Finally, a birthday card made for my other Sister-In-Law using a LotV stamp. I learnt a valuable lesson about selecting the right ink to stamp and colour with that day! When colouring with watercolours, make sure to NOT choose a waterbased ink to stamp with.


Also just wanted to share an image from the opening of the exhibition I was working on, First Peoples at Melbourne Museum. I worked on the Many Nations section and am immensely proud of the work we did. If you are in Melbourne, make sure you go and check it out!

Have a nice weekend everyone!
~Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment